Monday 23 January 2012

Trying something different

Good morning all, well it's the start of a new week and I have a poorly little boy at home today :0( Hopefully a day of rest on the sofa will sort him out.

So today I have another Valentine's card to share, I have used the stamp before but I fancied trying something a bit different. So here is what I have made...








As you can see I have gone for a monochrome look (well kind of if you don't count the red). I have been inspired by other cards I have seen like this so thought why not give it a go. The stamp is from Lili of The Valley and I used my Spectrum noirs to colour the image in. In total I used 9 different colours, the whole of the cool grey set and then 3 reds for the bow for a shot of colour. I also used some black soot distress ink around the edge to give it a vintage feel. Here is close up...








I am quite pleased with how it has come together, the boyfriend even said how much he liked it. I wonder if he will remember seeing it....I could send it to him lol.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs B xx

Edited to add..

So those of you with a keen I will notice my spelling mistake (blush) well the little problem has been corrected and here it is with the correct spelling lol






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. A really lovely card, it is gorgeous. Sorry to tell you but you spelt Valentine wrong, so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too i love it. youve done a fab job. louise xx

    ReplyDelete