Monday 30 April 2012

Reddy die cut decoupage

Oopsy I have been a bad blogger :0( have gotten rid of the headache but have been a been a bit distracted with other things (which I won't bore you with) so not really felt like doing much. I have got a couple of things to share tonight though, the first is a card using the fabulous Reddy die cut decoupage.






I used some paper from the Paintbox Poppets cd along with some coredinations and a darice embossing folder. The detail of the die cut is superb!

Next I finally have a template for the handbag which I share a little while back. Now before I begin this is not my idea and I have been hunting high and low to find the blog where I found it, I do feel it is important to give credit but so many people have asked I will share and promise if I come across the blog I will share her page, so annoyed that I did not bookmark the page :0(



I used a sheet of 12"x12" cardstock and at 4" and 8" all the way round, I have highlighted all of the score lines so it's easier to see you then need to score all 4 corners and the 2 outside squares of the centre column.



Once scored you need to fold in the scored lines towards the centre square.



Another pic to give you an idea how to fold (please forgive me I am actually useless at giving instructions lol)



I have kept this bag nice and simple to make the flap of the bag I cut to embossed pieces of coredinations card 6 1/2" x 3 3/4". You need to stick one on the outside of the bag and then on the inside to keep it neat. I also cut a square of the same card 3 3/4" to stick to the bottom square.



Pic of the inside to show where I stuck the second piece of card, i used some Velcro for the fastening.



I added a length of ribbon for the handle and made a flower using some zebra print ribbon to match the bag.



If you wish further decorate you bag like this one you need to cut squares 3 3/4" for the corners divide into two and for the squares divided into 3 cut your squares into three. I have also made a bag from a 6" square so really if you can divide it by 3 you can make any size you like big or small.

Hope i haven't bored you too much perhaps i should of advised a strong coffee before reading lol, please be gentle with me as I say writing into words is not my thing perhaps I should stick to pics next time.
I will be back tomorrow with another sneak peak. Thanks for visiting me.

Hugs B xx


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

  1. Great tut Bianca. The instructions are very clear. Thank you.
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful and the instructions for the bag are very clear.

    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it bianca, you make it look so easy. louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and the instructions for the bag are brill thank you linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the bag also, thank you for sharing the tutorial xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Card is lovely...I love pink and green together x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous card, I love the pink and green together and the tutorial was fab, thanks for sharing, I may have to have a go at this sometime
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW those flowers look real fab work , I love the bag thank you for the tutorial its super Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete